Monday, May 30, 2005

Another update from the southern front...

What a weekend! They've really been running me ragged in the Macon area, and I needed a break. Friday after work, me and Deb met in Columbus to go to a friends house who is headed to Texas for Air National Guard training. We stayed until midnight, and after an hours drive home I found the largest stack of jobs yet waiting for me on the fax machine....oh, and some idiot had routed me out of my assigned management area. I was too late to get that fixed, so after 4 hours sleep, I headed off to try and get all of the jobs done. Here are the numbers...350 miles total, 8 jobs completed, 4 area codes covered, and done by 6 pm. I was quite proud, and wore slap out. I call home from Macon to see how Debs day went and find out we've got a dinner date with some friends that was made the week before...oh hell. Haul ass home, jump in the shower, and off we go again. I thought I could handle it, but at around midnight it was obvious that I couldn't. I was falling asleep on the gang, and I'm the one that is supposed to be throwing one-liners and smart assed comments. Arrive home, and joy of joys, no work waiting for my Sunday at all! I got up late Sunday morning, called the office and found that I had no jobs scheduled for today either. Now that was a relief, and all the more reason for us to head out again. After working 7 days a week for the past month, it was time for an adventure. So, Sunday afternoon, the girls safely in Florida with their big sister, me and Deb packed up and headed to Atlanta....Catching up with some more friends up there who showed us a great time and hospitality. We had a very enjoyable time.
I've started figuring out lately that it is probably a better thing to go see friends, and have a good time rather than think of reasons not too. I'm the king of begging out of that kind of thing, but every time we head off I have as good a time as anyone. No, the yard did not get mowed, and it was raining when we got home this afternoon so it won't happen anytime soon either. We don't have money to be doing anything extravagant, but because of good friends it really doesn't cost much. To hell with it, it was a fun weekend, so I'm not going to try and justify it!

The jobs for tomorrow are plentiful, but at least they are in the right area. Deb is napping and the girls made it back sun burnt but happy. I'm still broke as hell. I'll keep on keepin' on...........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cliff says quit buying them damn guns and you won't be so broke.  LOL.  If he only knew.  I think you have your priorities right!  Life is short; have fun while you can.

Anonymous said...

Wow  busy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Kevin and I both try to "bow out" of many things, but always have fun once we're there.  You'd think we'd learn...nah we don't.