Saturday, May 7, 2005

Looks like I'm not working this weekend.

Well, it looks like I've got the weekend off. I dropped the hint yesterday that I was wondering when I was getting a day off. No jobs were posted for me by late last night, so I thought I had it made...then the phone rings this morning and it's a fax screaming in my ear...can't be good news. Yep, it's a job...wait, there is a note at the bottom..."James, please take care of this Monday, cust's local's not working. Thanks, Craig." We alrighty then...I'm in business.

Monk and I got power rigged up to the shed last night, though if an insurance man seen the way it is hooked up, he would probably croak. I need to get the proper breaker for the house panel, and we'll be set. I also got the cable hooked up so Monk was able to watch cartoon network with my grandaughter. a very dirty doll.

My corn and watermelons have sprouted, and the tomato plants look very healthy. We didn't get any rain this week, so I'd better water today.

Looks to be a great day to be alive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A weekend off....WOOOHOOOO!

Anonymous said...

How nice. I wish my garden was doing that well! It has been too cold to do seeds here. The temp at night is staying in low 30s to 40s. What kind of corn?