Monday, June 11, 2007

Update from the front.

Well, I'm still living. I'm trying everything I can think of to be able to sit in front of this computer without pain. I'm only a week in, and very frustrated at my own helplessness. I'm not taking any pain medication right now, and haven't for two days. My leg very seldom hurts, and the little pain I do have I can live with better than be forever constipated.

The main source of my frustration is my tailbone. There is just no way to get comfortable in an upright sitting position right now, and I can't say that I notice it getting any better. I've got an appointment with my surgeon tomorrow so I'll know more about how long I'll be this way then.

I can't knock my support team, that's for sure. Deb has done everything possible to make me comfortable. Lyndsay has been stepping up to the plate as well, getting my lunch and hooking up my "leg cooler" when mom is at work. Friends and family have went far out of their way as well.

This is a bummer entry, but maybe the coming days will see some improvement, eh?

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you broke your tailbone, that takes FOREVER to heal.  I know from experience.  Have you tried keeping your laptop in your lap sitting in your easy chair?  Is that more comfortable?

Anonymous said...

Glad to see an entry.  I'm in Nashville right now, but still checking your journal as I go through my list of regular's, and I was glad to see that there was something up!  I bruised my tailbone once, and it took forever, so I can't imagine if it's broken.  You need one of those donut things!

Anonymous said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon...I know that it has to be soooo painful just sitting...Maybe they cab find some kind of pain meds that will be better for you???
Take care,
carlene