Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A trip to the doctor.

Yep, still frustrated.

The doctor seemed happy with my healing process. He took an X-ray to show me what's going on in there.....a hell of a lot of screws! I couldn't believe how many screws are in one area; it looked like a kid got ahold of a screw gun. There is also a long plate going down the outside of my leg with a few more screws thrown in for extra measure.

It was the first time I'd been out since leaving the hospital, so that was kind of exciting, but I don't think I did that well. I haven't been taking pain pills since Sunday, but I should have took one before we left.

He tells me that there is no way I'll even be moving my leg for three more weeks. No weight for six. Hmmm....I've got a max of three weeks of vacation money left. I'm not sure how I plan to make that work. Man, of all the times I wish I had AFLAC.

Sleeping it probably the one thing that bothers me the most. I'm not one to have a problem sleeping.....ever. Well, I'm not coping to well with sleeping in a chair. I did make if for about 4 hours last night in bed....so that was nice.

As I type this Deb is on the phone with my insurance lady, and a fax is coming in with more paperwork to fill out. I do believe she's got a handle on it. From the sound of things I'll owe the hospital $500....when Celeste checked it last my bill was at $32,000.

Alrighty...enough belly aching for today.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mAybe your insurance would ay for a hospital bed...or maybe you could get one from an agency there??? It may help...
take care,and God bless,
carlene

Anonymous said...

We were lucky that Cliff drew full pay last year when he was off.  However, we went through a time in the early 90's when I still don't know how we stayed solvent.  Cliff went from $20 per hour when RB Rice closed to $10, then to $6.50 when he started working at CDC.  Somehow we stayed afloat.  You'd be surprised how you can get by when you have to.  You come from a long line of the "gettin-by-est" folks ever put on the face of this earth.

When we were going through hard times, I'd tell Cliff, "OK, so what's the worst that could happen?  We take bankruptcy, lose everything, and start over?  Big deal!  We have each other!"

The worst didn't happen!

I will say, when Cliff had his heart episode, I did not use that tactic.  When someone is in that kind of shape, you don't ask what's the worse that could happen.  LOL.  Cause you don't want to think about THAT.

Anonymous said...

Maybe if you just take a pain pill before you sleep at night you will rest better. Don't be a martyr. That's what they are there for.
Sorry you have to worry about money now. When you're healing, that's the last thing you need.  I know, I've been there too.  I like your Mom's comment below, though. She's got such good common sense.
pam