Monday, June 18, 2007

A couple pictures.

We had a pretty good fathers day here. The Formula 1 race was in the US this weekend, so I had better coverage than usuall. F1 is the most popular motorsport in the world, but as is normal, here in the states it takes a back seat to racing series that go in circles. I mean really, who would even think of turning left in a race, right?

Anyway, Deb built a nice BBQ and had most of the gang over. I had my brace off most of the day. Debs mom said the more it is exposed to air, the sooner the wound will heal. I'm not bending it or putting pressure on it, so don't worry. My ass has yet to quit hurting, but I've sort of just learned to ignore it for as long as possible. All medication is done, so no more giving myself blood thinner shots...YYEEAAAA!

I'm not as depressed now either. There really isn't any point in it after all. I think Lyndsay is having a better summer vacation actually because she gets to stay here and swim and play with her stuff rather than stay with her mom at work or grandma and be bored. She does a fine job of fetching things for me too.

I've started doing a couple of my normal weekly reports to take the pressure off right hand man Al. He did the same for me while he was out, and I can sit at the computer for short lengths of time now.

Ok, that's enough for now. I'll just sit and wait for pictures of Dads new garden tractor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It won't be long.  We're home with Little Johnny now.

Anonymous said...

LOl...sorry...I don't mean to laugh but the WAY you said that about your ass hurting was sort of funny! I hope it gets better...I know you have to be in a lot of pain...just looking at that leg hurts ME!
God bless ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

That's the same look Kevin gets when I tell him how much I spent at Wal-Mart.  Must be a husband thing.

Anonymous said...

So, I spent the day with the picture of your leg, minimized on my work PC.  Every time someone would come by my desk, I would maximize the image.  Some said, "Oh my gosh!" (everyone knows the story and keeps asking about you.) and some said, "EEEWWWWWW" and some said, "I bet that HURTS!"  Lots of different reactions.  It was awesome.