Monday, June 25, 2007

Call from a President.

Me: "Hello"

President Carter (Pres.):"James? This is Jimmy Carter, how are you?"

Me: "Not bad considering I'm laid up on the couch with a broken leg."

Pres.:"Did you fall off a ladder or something?"

Me: "No sir, motorcycle accident."

Pres.: "Oh, um, your not to old for that sort of thing?"

LMAO...and so went my latest conversation with Jimmy Carter.  I was really happy he called because since I'd talked to him last I seen a special on Discovery Channel about 3 mile Island and his part in it. To say it impressed me would be an understatement, and I had been hoping I'd get to talk to him about it. The funniest thing was when he told me, "Before I got back into farming that was my field, Nuclear Submarines." I knew that, but what a drastic jump in careers. Farmer, Nuclear Physicist (no joke), leader of the free world, then back to farming. Yikes.

Anyway, we got his DVR problem fixed over the phone, and had a nice conversation.

That's pretty cool.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

President Carter is one of the very few prsidents that we can say is an honorable man....He is someone that can be admired in so many different ways...A true southern gentleman...something Washington DC, being yankee territiory,  did not understand...
Hope your leg (and tail! ) are doing better...
take care,
carlene

Anonymous said...

LOL.  You KNOW how impressed I am.  Too old for a motorcycle????  Wait till I tell Cliff!

Anonymous said...

Cliff just read this and said, "My son, hob-nobbin' with the president".

Anonymous said...

That is most awesome.

Anonymous said...

way cool!!   lol that he said u were too old for that!  

Anonymous said...

How cool!