Thursday, June 14, 2007

A little better mood today.

Well, things aren't so gloomy this morning. I was able to get 6 solid hours of sleep, in my bed....without the leg brace, but good sleep anyway. My leg doesn't really hurt very often, so I took it out of the brace and put it in a foam "channel" support that we took when I left the hospital. That way I couldn't really move around enough to get things in a bind, but could lay flat and comfortable enough to sleep in my bed. What a wonderful thing that was.

I tried out some crutches yesterday. I was amazed at how quickly they wore me out, but I'm much faster on them. This damn walker is a slow way to go outside the house. It hurt my arm pits a little as well, but I'm planning to use them a little each day to get used to them. If I do talk work into letting me come back crippled, there is no way I could do it with a walker.

Deb's mom is coming by this afternoon to change the dressing over my staples. She will also be the one to remove the staples in a week or so. The doctor was going to set up home health care to come by, but insurance wouldn't cover it because it wasn't called for when I was released from the hospital. No mind though, I'd rather she did it anyway.

Anyone that wants to send me some info on a Missouri family law attorney that would be willing to work with me through email and phone, I'd apreciate it. We've attempted a few contacts, but no bites yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never needed an attorney except to fix up our will.  I'm glad you found a way to get some sleep; I sure hate that this happened to you.

Anonymous said...

email me on why you need it.  I might know a couple of people.  OK, I DO know a couple of people, but need to know specifics.