Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Nasty outside, but still a good day

Man, what a yucky weather day here. Rainy and cold, but winter's time is running short. Sure wish I would have gotten the fertilizer out on the garden dirt and yard before the rain

I just finished the last of my tests for SCT100 (intro to MS Office) so that one is done! Ended up with an 88%, so not to bad. I've got finals in English Monday, and then a couple of weeks off until spring quarter starts.

Me and Dad were talking about impact tools last weekend, specifically air ratchets....how that was the next thing on my list. I told my friend Greg, who works at a driveline shop, to check the "repo" stuff on the tool trucks (Snap On, Matco, etc.) hoping to find a deal on a good used one. Well, when it is nasty outside, I tend to hang out at the shop and talk racing with the guys, and basically get paid to B.S. When I drove up the Matco truck was there and Greg says, "Let’s go check it out." He never even asked about repo stuff...went straight back to the new stuff, asked the price of a new 3/8 air ratchet, say's "Put it on my account Lee", and puts the damn thing in my hand! Damned if I know what I've done for him lately or if there is something coming up that'll require my expertise, but I'm definitely in the hole to him at the moment. Here is a picture of it....

That dude never fails to surprise me like that. I also got a few parts for my 10/22 rifle project, but it isn't done so no pictures of it yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bought my hubby that one a few years ago. The rain is Rachel's fault. She was jealous because you were wearing shorts! Happy St Patrick's Day!
Celeste