Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Just writing for writings sake.

Last night Deb and I went out to Ft. Benning to get her step dad a uniform to be burried in. Of course, this one isn't anything like the one that he wore back when he was in. He retired in '65 but we made sure to get the correct rank, ribbons, and awards for his service in WWII. Of course there are a few vultures involved as there always seem to be when someone dies. His children from a previous marriage are sort of kicking up a fuss about certain funeral decisions that Deb's mom has made. She is taking it pretty well since Deb is "handling" the conversations with them. She's actually doing pretty well mediating, I think my buddy Jimmy Carter would be proud. The viewing is Thursday and funeral on Friday.

We just got done dealing with some social worker who had to come "inspect" the house to see that it is fit for Morgan to live in. It's funny that it takes them forever to take a kid from an unfit parent, but then they act like nobody is good enough to care for them afterwards. I think it went well, but you can never tell with those folks. I found out the hard way that sometimes they are two-faced, but the judge can see through the bull when it comes right down to it. I made sure she knew that I wasn't above hiring counsel if needed to make this a smooth transition, and that we wouldn't be jumping through hoops for them either.

I'm jealous that SOME PEOPLE are taking motorcycle rides, and I'm not...I shall have to rememdy that hopefully tomorrow afternoon.

Oh, and I can't help but notice that nobody ever comes south to visit, then I thought that maybe I hadn't invited anyone either. All my readers (the both of you) are welcome to come join in my madness whenever you like. I won't have any vacation myself until it resets in January, but don't let that stop you from coming down here. Don't forget, I'll still be riding a motorcycle two months from now....can you say that much?

Anyway, have a nice day, whatever your doing. We try to do that even with all the madness going on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cliff is making noises about heading that direction at Thanksgiving.  We'll see.

Anonymous said...

Hell, I can't even go any damn where this time of year, but we've been squawking about coming that direction at some point.  Damn, but that's a long haul for my car, and the truck won't hold us all, but we will figure something out...honest!