Saturday, October 13, 2007

Bike pictures, before and after.

 

 

 

Ok, here are some pictures. I was sort of putting off getting back on the bike until I knew my leg was working somewhat normal. My plan was to keep it torn apart doing different things to it, so I didn't give in and hit the road to early. During that time (the last two months) I set about making the bike mine like I do most of the vehicles that have come and gone. I'll not do a breakdown and the parts, but I'll mention the notables. The Corbin seat turned this thing into a comfortable ride, something it really wasn't before. It was fun as hell, but not comfy...it is now. I replaced the 15 tooth front sproket with a 16. This small change is huge on the hiway as I'm not wound up so much at 70 mph. They gear it from the factory to do both on and off road...I'm not going off road, so a hiway gear was in order. The exhaust pipe is one of those things you just have to do....it's in a rule book somewhere I'm sure. Now it would be hard to sneak off without anyone knowing I'm leaving, that's for sure. I got the graphics from a place in Kansas City, and I'm really happy with the way they come out. If you look close there are a bunch of little aluminum guards and things that replaced the plastic stock counterparts.  Anyway, I've got a different set of mirrors still enroute along with a shorter street front fender and I'm calling this one done. I'm very happy with it, so it's time to ride!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a whole different bike now!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe the difference!  That's cool as hell.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and thanks for updating the profile.  I was feeling old, being as old as you!  I notice, about twice a year, how outdated mine is...then I fix it, so feel free to call me on it, if you see mine is wrong.  I don't look over there much.