Friday, October 12, 2007

I worked last Sunday, which gave me two days off in a row this week, a pretty rare thing for me. It's been a pretty fun couple of days. Thursday was spent waxing the car and working on the bike. The bike has changed since you last saw it, and pictures are in order but I haven't taken any yet. I was waiting on one last part that arrived via UPS at 7:30 pm last night. I figure that if I wasn't able to ride it, I may as well be working on it, right? Anyway, I got it back together by 9pm and took my first ride in over four months today. My only problem is getting on and off because I transfer all my weight to the broke leg when doing both. Riding was not a problem, and I put in around 50 miles off and on all day. I'd take a short ride, come home, then go ride again later. All is well.

Tonight we took another ride out to the drag strip for another try at improving my skills. I'm still having a time launching without smoking the tires, but I did improve from last time....13.398. This is a 12 second car, I've just got to do my part. While there I met another guy that is in our car club and raced him twice. He beat me off the line both times, but the second I didn't smoke the tires to bad and got him. In the picture we are lined up at the lights, ready to rock.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll be watching for pictures of the bike.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm ready for pictures, too.