Sunday, August 28, 2005

A pretty damned good weekend.

Man, this one flew by. Both me and Deb worked Saturday but were off early enough to make Catelynn's (grandbaby)birthday party. Since we both came from work, we didn't have the camera. We got home at 6 and I was able to talk Deb into helping mow this monster estate. While she rode the 140 I weedeated, then jumped on the 670 to help her finish. I got on hour or so with dad before the gang got back from their concert, then I crashed. Today I tried my hand at some plumbing. I installed a faucet at the back of the house, and that went well....took $10 and about an hours work. Wish I'd have done it 5 years ago. Mowed the dog pen and back yard. Got the Walker mower up in the air prepped for motor removal. Then we headed off the "the Sports Page" to watch Bobbies band play. We haven't been going, but it was his wife Lori's birthday party so we thought we'd better show up. I've got his set list memorized by now, but at least I know I'll get at least one Neil Young song out of them. Now I'm just sitting here listening to music and looking at fox news' coverage of the hurricane. Looks like we'll miss this one, but our office in LA (lower Alabama) is gonna get smashed again. I'm sure it will end up affecting me somehow, but not tonight.........

No comments: