Thursday, August 18, 2005

Update on the fly...

Here is a quickie update. I'm strung out because I'm without a field supervisor in Montgomery so I'm making that trip several times per week. After a trip to Eufaula, AL in the morning I'm headed back there to interview a possible victim to put in that spot. He actually has more office expierience than field, and we need an office manager as well, so he may not get the job....but somebody damn sure needs to get it!

The backhoe project hit a snag last weekend...the bull gear in the rear end was basically eaten alive by the pinion gears. The replacement parts are about $300. I spent all week trying to decide if maybe I should just get a different tractor for the loader and backhoe, or fix this one. I took the hydrostat apart yesterday, and it needed some small parts, so that was about the last nail in the coffin for the Bolens...until I called and found out that those parts were quite cheap. So, I went ahead and ordered them, and I guess I'll start saving up side money to replace the bull gear. I think that by the time this little baby backhoe is done, I could have probably went and bought a used "real" backhoe...but that isn't quite as much fun...just cheaper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update.  Your dad asks every day if you have a new entry.  We love hearing from you, but realize you have a too-busy life.  How's Lindsay doing at school?