Friday, August 26, 2005

R.I.P. Vicky the dog.

Yet another pet bought the farm last night. We bought Vicky when we first moved out here, from what could probably best be described as a redneck puppy mill. She was a pretty little pup, but through lord only knows how much inbreeding, she wasn't exactly what one would call smart. In fact, I'm pretty sure she was retarded. Nevertheless, she was part of the zoo that is my house. When Christyn graduated and started spending more time at her dad's house, she sort of took Vicky over...She road in the car with Christyn, stayed mostly at her dads, and so on. I was very happy with that situation. She just wasn't one of my favorite dogs. Well, then Christyn started spending more time out here, and her dad didn't like Vicky much either, so she ended up in my back yard again.

Last night Christyn went out to give her some leftovers and found her lying dead in the yard....stiff. I'd seen her at 1pm, and Lany fed them at 4pm, but sometime between then and 10pm last night, Vicky had drawn her last breath. I've got no idea what happened. She didn't look like she has been attacked by either of the bigger dogs. She was fairly close to the electric fence, but not tangled in it. From the looks of things she just dropped dead.

She joined our pet cemetary along side Gina the prarie dog, and Kit-Kat the cat. Christyn is pretty tore up over it obviously and understandably. I'll add a pic later today if I can find one around here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when she was a puppy.  She can't be all that old.

Anonymous said...

Poor baby.