Sunday, August 7, 2005

"The thing with the holes in it."

For as long as I can remember, Dad always had "the thing with the holes in it." It hung in the garage that we had when I grew up, and has now moved into the new machine shed. I didn't matter what it was, if it wasn't in plain sight, it was in "the thing with the holes in it." Oh, and that is the actual name of this thing. I've never heard it called anything else, and if you look at it, that is just the right name for it. Well, as of today, I've got my own "thing with the holes in it." Greg phased it out of his new shop, and as usual, I was there waiting for the hand me downs.

In other news, I posted a couple of pictures of my latest aquisition, a Walker MT ZTR mower. I has a lot of hours on it, and needs a head for the motor. Other than that, and a seat, it is in very good condition. I traded some labor for it, so as of right now I've not got an actual penny invested in it. This fine project is courtesy of my friend Dave.

The last of the pictures is mainly to show dad my setup for electolitic rust removal. It works great, and I did find out why is was drawing so hard on the charger....the wheel was big enough that is was to close to the rods. With smaller stuff it hovers right around 3 amps, and the charger never even warms up.

Hopefully I'll have a chance to update a bit more this week. The last one was pretty crazy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cliff said thanks for the pictures.  He laughed about the "thing with the holes in it".  He loves the lawn mower.  

Anonymous said...

Yup, that's the first place I look for anything small.  Kevin will ask where something is, and if Dad's not immediately available, I ask, "Did you check the thing with the holes in it?"