Saturday, April 2, 2005

You say it isn't raining today?

Wow, the sun! I had forgotten what that looked like. I can say for sure that the garden is getting put off for another week, unless I decide to plant rice, because my plot is a mudhole at the moment. It rained last weekend, then I had a couple nice days while in Chattanooga, then it started raining again Wednesday night and didn't really quit until late last night. Today it is very windy, but hopefully that will dry the yard enough for me to mow it.

Deb told me last night, "You need to update your journal, sir." Well, with that sort of formalities I figure I better do as I'm told. So, I sent her off to work, and Lyndsay is still sleeping (at 11:49! She takes after her mother), this is as good a time as any to type a bit.

I left Chattanooga Thursday morning and was able to hit a couple new gun stores on my path back home. Found a really nice one in Fayetteville, only about an hour from here, that is Class III....full auto baby! That is good to know so when I do all the forms to buy a silencer, he can handle the transfer. Most Class III dealers have rental machine guns you can try out, but this one doesn't yet.

Friday I went down to Albany for a meeting/class concerning the local roll-out for Macon. It looks like I'm trading my normal drive to Montgomery for a lot more rides to Macon. This really isn't such a bad deal because the house isn't really that far from the western edge of Macon's territory. There will be a total of four field supervisors covering an area half the size of the one I normal patrol by myself. I can't imagine this mission is going to be that tough.

School starts back up on Monday, and this quarter I'm back over in the welding shop! I'm pretty damn happy about that, because all the core classes were starting to bum me out. I'll be TIG welding and they've recently gotten all new TIG machines, so I'm pretty excited to get to work.

After a long battle, I think Best Buy has finally given up on me. The money they were offering me wasn't much more than I make now, and the salary would have basically had me topped out for that position, so I told them to keep it. They did call back everynight while I was up north bargaining with me, but in the end I think it is best to stay where I am. I'm at the base salary for this job, with lots of room to go up.

Well, I think I'm going to get the kid up, and go do some yard work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good, about the job; I was concerned about your vacation time.  After all... it's all about ME!

Anonymous said...

Sunshine?  What's that?  Detroit sucks!  Rock City my ass.  OK, it's not that bad, but I wanna see SUNSHINE!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the fun starts at school! Pat said wear a hat or something with the welding. LOL He has a lot of little spots on the top of his head from when he did not do that!