Thursday, April 14, 2005

Got the shed in place...fun stuff!

What a fun morning! I got up early, and tried using the Dually to yank this thing up the hill...no dice. Didn't have the traction to make it happen. Then I got Deb up, hooked the tractor to the front of the truck...still not gonna happen. At this point I'm starting to get a little bummed out. So....I used my old buddy Rooster's trick, which I'm sure he got from the Ancient Egyptians directly. Jack that baby up and put some poles under it to lessen the friction. The shed had sunk in a couple inches overnight, and this helped get things moving. I only had to do this trick a couple times, because once I got up the hill, the little tractor really got some traction and carried the front wheels all the way up! The tires did a number on my yard, but hey, the shed is in place. Deb was snapping pictures when she wasn't spotting for me. We had to thread the thing through my fence poles, and some trees. And, you can tell by the blue shirt, all this was on company time...how could I think of switching jobs?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good! Now is it level?

Anonymous said...

That's a nice shed!  My daughter said 'Heyyy...put a TV and a couch in there and that'd be a decent house!'  haa.....if only it was that easy....

~Amy

Anonymous said...

Those are some awesome pictures!  Heck, it's an awesome shed.  Congrats, big bro'.

Anonymous said...

I read your previous entry to Cliff this morning (he was half-asleep) and he said, "Tell him to put poles under it."

Darn, I should have left a comment telling you that; now Rooster gets the credit.  I guess that isn't all bad, is it?

Anonymous said...

OK, Cliff has read all your recent entries.  He said to tell you to stand by, he'll hook his "big horse" (the David Brown) up to my cabin and move it to the back and show you some REAL muscle.  (pictures will be posted.)  But he does know how much fun that is, with the front end in the air.