Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Happy Birthday Lany!

Tomorrow is Alana's 16th Birthday. The "celebration" was today. I was able to get back from Montgomery in time to catch the tail end of the B'day dinning out. They waited on me like one hog waits on another....in other words, they were done when I got there. I'm assuming she had a good one as Deb was off and they just drove around all over town all day I think.

If asked I'll generally tell folks that all the women in my life are trying to kill me, or send me to the loony bin. The wife is jealous because she didn't get to go to all the places that mom took her buddies in KC. Lany is pregnant. I don't seem to agree on either of the boyfriend picks from the other two of Debs older girls. The girls at the office aren't happy unless they can call me in the middle of my classes to answer some inane question that they already know the answer too....you get the idea....

....but then one of them will usually do something to even out the scale just in time to save my being institutionalized. Chrystin never forgets to call on my birthday or fathers day. Celeste gets a pass just because Catelynn is her daughter. Monk with her silliness can make me forget whatever problem is troubling me....

Tonight is was Catelynn's turn to even the score. She nearly lost her mind when I walked into the resteraunt. "Papa, Papa!" She decided to join me for some of the pepper chicken, which would get chewed, spit out, then drink half a cup of tea to cool off her mouth....then try it all over again. Yeah, that was worth the trip.

Oh, and Lany is having a girl...big surprise. Arick is destined to be the only boy in the family I guess. The latest female in the family is pictured above.

Dad said when Deb got pregnant that I'd be raising kids until I'm an old man. It seems like that is going to be the case....the problem is I'm feeling pretty damned old right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the many ways Cliff and I are compatible is that we don't put too much stock in holiday and birthday celebrations.  Oh, I remind him of mine so I can have an excuse to eat out or something, but I don't care who remembers it, really, since I'm not one to remember such things.  I can't even tell you any of my grandchildren's birthdates!  I surely don't expect them to remember mine.

Anonymous said...

So when is the due date?

Anonymous said...

Hey..they are tough on ya..but in the long run you are so blessed!! :-)