Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Few and far between.

I know I'm late with the updates..between the hurricane and my being bummed out about being broke, I just have not been thinking about the journal at all.

We got back home just in time for Hurricane Dennis. It didn't turn out to be much of a hurricane, but it hasn't stopped raining since Saturday. I did go out and do a little tractor work at Gregs, but the building didn't really get finished until today because of weather delays.

Thanks to our our car finance company switching to electonic (instant) deposit, our bank has been under zero for the past week. In some ways, the banks overdraft protection has kept checks from bouncing, but it is also killing us with fees. It really sucks, and I won't bore anyone with the details, but this week (and probably the next few) really has sucked because of this mess.

In other news, I'm back into the school grind, this time in the Machine Tool Technology department. It will end up being very cool, but this first quarter is going to be very slow...all hand tools.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you posted.  It sucks, being broke.  Those weeks when I pay bills, then realize I barely have gas money to get to work, I get really down.  Still, if my kids are eating and clothed, and I can get to and from work, and we aren't without the necessities, life is good.  I'm glad you came up.  Vacations always require weeks of "catching up", but it was great to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

Being broke is becoming a way of life for me also, now that I'm not working.  Yep, I even overdrafted once recently.  You'd think someone past sixty wouldn't be doing such stupid things.  You'll get caught up eventually, or at least we do.

Cliff's still smiling about his gun every time he mentions it.

Anonymous said...

Understand completely my friend.  It hurts esp bad when, before your paycheck is posted to the account..they take out almost 100$ in fees!  Happend to me this week.  Kinda makes u feel like ur working for nothing!!!!
Another bummer....running to the power company to pay the bill before the guys get to the house with the red tag to place on your power box!!!
Lets see if we can find something to smile about ok? :-)

Anonymous said...

I understand. Sweating it a bit right now too. It is hard sometimes catching up when something else jumps on top of what you already have going on. How is the garden?