Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A Dad update.

This is one of those that will probably only appeal to dad....

I went over to Greg's tonight and tried out the Miller 210 he bought for me...oops, I mean us. Damn fine machine. I've been starting work on the little Bolens backhoe I got early last year, and the frame was pretty much ruined on it...it had been repaired and re-broke so many times it would have been impossible to get it square, little alone looking good. So I bought a set of frame rails from a guy on a Bolens Yahoo group that are in much better shape. While cleaning them up I noticed some stress cracks around the axle mounting holes, so what better reason to go try out the new machine. I've got the little shop in back set up pretty nice now, so me and Monk spent Sunday grinding all the places I need to weld up with a die grinder. I ran over there tonight, but while I was there I seen a few places I could reinforce...so I brought his sandblaster home to clean them up completely. Then I plan to go over all the factory welds, and add some material to the weak places that broke on the old frame. I'm going to have to take some pictures along the way this time, because I always forget to do that when I'm deep into the project.

Oh, and if anyone knows where I can get a Kohler Command Pro in the 18-25 horsepower range for a good price let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made sure Cliff read this entry.