Saturday, June 4, 2005

Todays ride pictures.

Taking a cue from mom, I thought I would start taking some pictures while on my daily "ride". I do see some pretty cool stuff riding around middle Georgia, cool to me anyway.

Today I was mostly in between Atlanta and Macon, and had a service call in Juliette, GA, the town that "Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe" was filmed in. Now I've got to be honest, I haven't watched the movie, and don't plan too. But I figured ya'll had, so this may be of interest.

The last picture was just odd to me. I'm driving along a dirt road, not far from Juliette. As I round the corner having just dodged a deer, there are these two huge cooling towers for a nuclear power plant. They actually looked much more impressive than in the picture. I'm using my work camera that doesn't have much zoom, but to me the cool thing was it was just so out of place. I was literally in the middle of nowhere. I drove around an extra 30 minutes trying to get closer for a better picture, but as large as those things are, the Georgia pines pretty much had them hid from all directions except that one spot.

Oh, and one last thing, I took some of those from inside my "steed", like mom does. So you may see the reflection off the windshield....not horse ears like in moms.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea, and great pictures.  Keep it up!  I do love Georgia.

Anonymous said...

the movie is good, my hubby liked it!  I love it!
ty , great pics! I love seeing other parts of the country
~ Julie~ http://journals.aol.com/joolsinwa/randommusingsofmymind

Anonymous said...

Awesome entry.  I love that movie, and you might want to give it a chance.  It's not as much of a "chick flick" as you'd think.  Anyway, pic entries are my favorite in any journal, and yours never disappoint!  

Anonymous said...

Good movie, my hubby liked it. I just love our GA. Keep up with the pics. I have only been to that part of GA once.