Saturday, June 4, 2005

Saturday Six

Picture from Hometown

1. Who is the last performer you saw live in concert? Tracy Lawrence. What is the last film you saw at a theater? The Patriot. Which was more worth the money you paid? Both were very good, probably a tie. As you can tell, we don't go to the theater very often!

2. What do you do more of in a typical day:  work, sleep, eat, exercise. watch TV, surf the web? Right now, work wins hands down...usually work and sleep would be about the same.

3. Your office brings in a new drink machine and it's your job to fill the eight selection slots.  What drinks (non-alcholic, of course) do you select? The first three slots would be full of Diet Dr. Pepper, because I can never find it in a machine around here. Then, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Coke, Diet Coke, and the last slot I'd ask around to see what else is popular.

4. Take the quiz: 
What is your expression number?  9 Do you agree with the description it gives you? I guess it is sorta close. What do you disagree with most? "If you are not able to help people, you tend to shelf your talents."

An idealist and humanitarian, you strive to make the world a better place.
You do your best when you follow your feelings and sense of compassion.
Deep down, you dream of being loved by many.

You are capable of much human understanding and have a lot to give to others.
While you are very ambitious, you never lose site of perspective.
You have an abundance of creative talents... you just need to tap into them.

Although you are a giving person, you can become selfish if you are ignored.
If you are not able to help people, you tend to shelf your talents.
Without others, you become aloof and start to lack sensitivity.


5. Counting all light fixtures and lamps in yourhome, how many bulbs do you have in place, and how many of them are on right now? 22, only one is on.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #55 from
Laura: What is your favorite movie line ever and why? Wow, this is a hard one, I've got so many I spout off all the time. The first that comes to mind for some reason is from Col. Kurtz in Apocalypse Now, one of my favorite movies of all time. Yes, it is a long one, and I almost know it word for word...I cheated here just to make sure I got it right. "I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies. I remember when I was with Special Forces. Seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God... the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not monsters. These were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment. Because it's judgment that defeats us."

No comments: