Sunday, June 19, 2005

A fine fathers day for me.

When I left the house this morning, I didn't even know it was fathers day. I had a guy that needed help on a job, so I left before the girls were out of bed. Deb was working, so I planned to head off the Greg's after the job anyway. I got a voice mail from Christyn (who NEVER forgets these things...b'day, fathers day, etc.).

The plan was that Greg was borrowing a bobcat for me to play with...oops, I meant move some dirt around the foundation of the new building. That fell through because the guy loaning us the bobcat was sick, but he had plenty of stuff to do. I didn't leave there until 7....but I came home to a helluva feed. Rib eye steak, smothered in onions (purple, my favorite), shrimp, and cheese.....followed up with some stawberry shortcake. I can barely move now.

I planned to have more shed update pictures, but the contractor is still missing in action...no progress since my last shed update.

Now I'm going to have some coffee, and wait for the replay of 6 Feet Under that we missed last week. It seems the only series that we watch are the HBO ones...Soprano's, Curb You Enthusiasm, Deadwood...I love those shows.

Yep, it was a pretty good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a good father's day.  Kevin worked at his mom's, then came home to do yard work for a couple of hours, but still feels it was a good day.  Sometimes, the feeling of accomplishment is as good or better than being pampered all day.