Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcome 2008!

2007 wasn't all bad. I sold some toys, bought some toys. Got some things accomplished, left some things undone. And, it is another year gone that I can't get back. But overall, I'm not sad to see it go. Not that I really look at today as being much more than yesterdays tomorrow, but the new year is a "reset" of sorts, right?

While talking to Dad on Friday I told him I was going to catch a bike ride while it was warm. The cold front was headed this way fast, and it's done nothing but rain lately, so I was going to strike while the iron was hot, so to speak. Well, as our conversation was in progress, I noticed that son-in-law #2 was trying to call me. Son-in-law #2 is also my employee, so I figured it was work related. After I hung up with dad I called him back...he had been given a "scooter" by one of his customers, and had already dropped it off at son-in-law #1's house. Well, I figured I'd better go check it out, right? Well, I did end up getting a bike ride in....just not on my bike.

It's a Honda Ruckus. It's got 49cc's and 3.9 screaming horsepower. I figured I'd better ride it now because those two will probably jump it off a house or something and trash it pretty quick.

We were supposed to head to Montgomery last night for the new year celebration, but due to unforseen circumstances that didn't happen. We did stay up, Lyndsay through some "poppers" in the driveway at midnight and my neighbor unloaded a pistol in his backyard. It was very "Georgia". We all slept most of the morning away. The cold front made it, and it was windy as hell, but not real cold, so I did get my new years day ride in. I road over to son-in-law #2's house in time to catch him filming son-in-law #1 sliding the poor scooter in circles until he wrecked several times. I knew I'd better ride it while I could.

Mom, I could use a few pictures of the upgrades that dad has added to his bike please.

Happy New Year to everyone. See ya when I see ya.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm just waiting until we get the last of the stuff we ordered on Wingstuff.com.  Then there'll be an entry.