Sunday, January 13, 2008

Weekly update.

I suppose I'm due to type an update since it has been a week. My excitement for the week was getting a new work van! We've been told for the passed six months that we were getting new laptops and for good reason. The one I had was over 3 years old and SLOW. We were also told that the supervisors were getting the first four new vans that came in. When I left Montgomery on Wednesday I was informed that I should be there Thursday morning because the IT guys were showing up with the new laptops. While enroute I found out that we were also going to pick up our new vans! Hell, I've been living in that thing for over 3 years, I've got a lot of stuff to transfer. The laptops are quite nice, Dell widescreen with a wireless card....not networking, but wireless internet! Now that part is great, because the way I've always done it when I needed to email was cruise around a development until I came across someone's unsecured wireless connection. NO MORE. I can be on the net wherever, whenever. I got the important stuff setup at the office, and threw the rest in the back of the new van....then spent Friday and Saturday getting things right. I'm actually happy with everything about the new one, other than the DirecTV billboard on the side. That was one thing I didn't have to deal with in the old van. Now I can't stop anywhere without someone wanting to ask a question. SO, I got it waxed up, installed my XM, center console, and several other non-approved accessories that make my life easier. Now tomorrow I shall go to work in the thing. I'll get some pictures also.

I did get a ride in this afternoon, but had to cut it short to get back and head to the gym with Deb. We joined the YMCA before Christmas, and have been hitting it pretty regular. I notice she's cut off my food supply a bit as well....hmmmm, I think it's a conspiracy of some sort.

For now this is the only picture you get, from my Sunday ride

.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanna see the van!  Also, I think it's funny to picture you, while doing your job, looking for unsecured wireless.  LOL

Anonymous said...

I was texting you earlier, wondering if you had snow.  The fact that you had ice was funny to me.  Here? Yeah, here it is miserably cold.  I tried to call to finish our conversation, but it went to voice mail.  Maybe we'll talk this weekend.