Sunday, January 6, 2008

Summer stopped by today.

What a nice day we had here today. Weatherbug says the high was 70, I'd have guessed higher. It was above 60 in Missouri, but yet one of my guys who transfered to north Georgia sent me a picture this afternoon of a frozen waterfall and then called to tell me how cold it was up there. Weird.

We started the day by cleaning vehicles. After that I was put to work picking up leaves and cleaning up the yard. Of course, it wasn't that bad of a chore....the Walker just sucks up anything in it's path. It was my Sunday on call, so I couldn't really hit the road on the bike because I've got to answer the phone when it rings. Deb was passing through the living room when something was mentioned about geocaching on some show on Discovery channel. The next thing I know, Celeste was picking up Morgan and off we went. Lyndsay spent the night with her Aunt Angie last night, and they tracked us down in the park to drop her off, so she got in on the action as well. It was a good walk, but we only found one cache. Two straight days of treasure hunting are catching up with my feet right now, that's for sure.

 

Oh, the phone never did ring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a fun day everywhere!

Anonymous said...

How fun!  Now I'm wishing I had a GPS so I could play!