Monday, December 17, 2007

What a wasted weekend!

Well, I didn't get much accomplished this weekend, other than breathing in a bunch of oxygen that someone with more go-power could have used. The plan was for Lyndsay and I to go "treasure hunting" Saturday, but other events screwed that up. Between techs stopping by to get equipment from me and friends dropping by it was noon before we had a chance to escape...then the rain started. And it rained pretty much all day and night. Then the roof leak started! It turns out that the rubber seals that surround our vent pipes had pretty much dried up and fell out. It had been that way for some time, but we didn't know because for the most part it didn't rain this past year. I used Bishops tape and rigged them for now.

Oh, also it is sort of like winter here now. As I type this Weatherbug is showing 26 degrees outside. It's supposed to make it to 52 today, so it isn't quite like winter at mom and dads, but at least it's making an attempt to get cold.

Here is a couple pictures from last Thursday. I was off due to working last Sunday and went for a ride and found a couple geocaches.

I've gained a couple readers lately, so I thought I'd better warn them of my "on and off" blogging. This isn't exactly a blog that will be running your email full of alerts. Sometimes I do a few a week, other times a couple per month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it DOES look like winter there!  Thanks for posting, oh-brother-o-mine.