Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Just some crap.

We had our Christmas breakfast at work today. I guess that's nice of them to spend my profit share money on cold eggs, but since my entire team is based 1.5 hours away from the office, and we loose an hour going into central time zone getting there, it sure screws up the routes for the techs right off the bat. In other words, by the time my crew actually started the first job of their route, it was after 11:00. Somehow I don't get how nobody higher up can't understand the math involved. I also think that if one of them sat down and figured out how much wages plus gas for 20 vans is costing the company for a single trip to Montgomery, they would see how fast a Columbus office would pay off.

Speaking of wasting company money, here was my side trip of the day. I want to get a few better pictures of that railraod bridge that I posted a couple weeks ago. A quick check of the GPS got me much closer to it. I didn't have the camera with me, but I was passing through the area so I did a recon. As you can see in Google Earth I can cut through Omaha and there is a dirt road that follows the tracks to the river....

Here is a closer shot.....

The dirt road basically runs straight into the Chattahoochee River, and it a great angle to get some closer/better pictures of the big bridge. That damn thing really intrigues me for some reason. Anyway, I could probably get right up to it walking the tracks, but believe it or not, out in the middle of NOWHERE, there was a crew of convicts cleaning up the vary spot where the dirt road meets the river. SOOOO...that hike will have to wait until another day. I'm thinking I may take the bike and ride it right down the tracks, but I've got to see how rough it is first. I couldn't believe the convicts were down there though...I'm here to tell you that even downtown Omaha is small enough that you don't usually see another car on the road....even smaller than Wellington...by a long shot. Well, you get the idea. I'm thinking I may do my first geocache stash somewhere down there though. There are not any others anywhere close, and the bridge is a cool sight for folks willing go off the beaten path.

Well, so goes it for another day down the tubes. Christyn has both Lyndsay and Morgan while Deb and Celeste are grocery shopping, so I'll spend some time surfing the net in quiet while I've got it.

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love bridges, railroad tracks, and anything to do with rivers.  Those things draw me like a magnet.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Mom...that shit is cool!