Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Geocaching.

I may be putting the cart before the horse on this one, because I haven't even tried it yet.

Geocaching is a hobby that involves folks hiding things, then going to a web site and giving the coordinates for it so other folks can go find it. From what I can tell, a lot of these aren't easy to find even when you have the coordinates. You just input the data in your GPS, and go for a hunt. I wouldn't even be posting this, as I'm sure it seems like a wild waste of time to most, BUT.....if your going on a motorcycle ride to no-where in particular, why not have a few things to look for while your out? I've been sitting here this evening entering Caches in my Garmin, and most of them are in public parks and old cemetaries....just the type of place you might want to take a hike through.

Anyhow, just passing it on. I think Lyndsay and I just found something to do, when there's nothing else to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must be weirder than you know, because the first thing I thought was, "WOW!  How FUN!"  I wanna go!

Anonymous said...

Hi, my Dad, sister and I are all avid cachers.  We love it and each find just wants you to go find more!  Its fun to see how many you get, how many travel bugs and geocoins you find, etc...  If you ever have any questions about it let me know...  Linda