Sunday, November 18, 2007

A day at the drag strip.

No pictures from todays run as I went by myself this time. Deb was busy buying groceries and cleaning house in preparation for visitors this week.

I went out with a car club called Musclecar Evolution. It is a very large club and this was one of the last open drags of the season so the turn out was great. Lots of fast street cars, and the track was prepped nicely for a change. I was able to stomp it rather than baby it out of the lights. I improved everything but my elapsed time! Part of the problem is 200 pounds of subwoofer enclosure that wasn't back there before. I also had WAY to much gas in the tank. But anyway, it was a lot of fun and I only lost one run out of five. I beat a Corvette, a GTO, and a Superbee which is basically a yellow version of my car. It's probably the last chance I'll get this year, so I made the most of it. There was a lot of video taken, so if I make the edit, I'll post a link to it.

 

"Edit":I should have known the first video posted would be the one I lost!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LINDA! I am not getting any alerts, I think a lot of people are having that problem. HEY!!! Isnt that an SRT10 truck??? HECK YEAH! Thats just like mine, with the Viper engine, COOOOOOOL. So COOL!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I just read this again, that is YOU in the red car???? COOOOOL!

Anonymous said...

Oops...lol...I am sorry, didnt mean to call you Linda...I was reading so many journals at once I got confused...still...that is like my truck..I have an SRT10 and I loved seeing this one race.