Sunday, May 6, 2007

More vehicle changes.

It seems like things stay the same around here for months at a time, sometimes a year....then changes abound. I've not got to ride a lot in the past week, but have "personalized" my little bike some. I installed aftermarket "3 finger" levers, an entire replacement for the taillight/fender thing, and handgaurds with blinkers in them to replace the monstrous stock items.

Wednesday was very busy. I had wanted to go to the Motorcycle safety foundation class which would have took the place of my riding test for the motorcycle license. Unfortunately it had been cancelled at the school closest to me and the rest of them were to far from home. So, I headed up to take it the regular way...no problem. I went from there to home to get the van and headed off to trade in my broken cell phone. No charge, and they just gave me a brand new phone...gotta love that. From the NEXTEL store I headed up to get my van aligned and get new tires installed. Two hour wait she says....every other time I've heard that it means at least four hours. But, it was Debs day off so I called her to come pick me up so we could run for a smoothie and hang out. While "hanging out" Deb was talking about trading the truck in, and how she didn't know how it all worked. I tried to explain it, but I guess if you've never been through that whole thing, maybe it would seem mysterious, so I said let's go up there and see what your wanting.

 

Well, now I've got a trailer I can't tow. Here is the clue:

Yeah, things happen. I would say I should have sit and waited for the van to get fixed, but it ended up staying the night and wasn't done until 3pm the next day.

Two hours my ass.

Natalie, my little bike will barely top 100mph, and it is a handfull at that speed. BUT, I've got one I can get whenever I want that will do 172mph....just not with me on it.

Dad, it is a new one, and if you look closely there are passenger pegs there, but Deb ain't getting on anyway. She's holding out for a wing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cliff is flabbergasted.  He keeps saying, "He traded off his truck?"  and "He had a fortune in that damn thing."