Monday, March 6, 2006

Weekly update.

Yeah, I'm loopy again. My back got progressively better all through the weekend, but is back to worse than bad tonight. My doctor said that the surgery that would fix it is something I may want to do when I'm 60, not when I'm 40. He said if it isn't better in two weeks I'm to get an MRI done. From the x-ray he says degenerative spine disease, arthritis, and bone spurs. Sheesh, that is enough.

Other than the back issues, things have been fine around here. I've been trying to help Deb with things that we've always had kids around to do until now...dishes, vacuuming, that sort of thing. I've got to say, I have NEVER done this sort of thing, at least not since I was a kid and trying to get some allowance. It's worth it though because Deb appreciates it. Lyndsay is more than happy to help do the things she is capable of. We did a little tractor work Saturday...ironed out the driveway, a bit of mowing. Sunday I went out to help Greg put a heater core in our welding instructors Dodge dually. That one really sucked.

I'm finished with my projects for this quarter, so I've been doing either things I can come up with, or stuff my instructor Rick needs done. Mostly gun parts, though we don't advertise what they are when we are working on them! Both night instructors work at the Ft. Benning marksmanship unit building Olympic class rifles....if you think I'm not picking their brains nightly, you'd be wrong.

This pictures are just some things we've taken in the past week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your dad can certainly understand the back problems.  He's had spurs since he was your age or younger, although the doctor told him anybody who's done much physical work has spurs by that age.  The doctor started asking me if my back bothered me years ago, because I had arthritic spurs.  It didn't until the last couple of years.  I have learned to take two aspirin before we ride the motorcycle, and I'm good for 4 hours.