Monday, February 27, 2006

Broken Back Pine Mountain.

Well, I finally got to use "Loopy" as a mood....because I'm currently taking Vicodin. Al and I did a pre-wire job on a house in Pine Mountain on Sunday. We made quick work of it, and made some pocket money as well. During the job my back decided to quit me, which happens every once in a while. I've sort of gotten used to working through it. Generally given a couple days it fixes itself. That isn't happening this time.

I was pretty much crippled last night, and was worse this morning. It's never been this bad. Well, one of my favorite clients just so happens to be a world class spine man, so I contacted him to get a referral to someone that could check it out. John was headed into surgery at the time, but had his secretary call in a prescription of some Vicodin and steroids, then set me up an appointment for Wednesday morning...with him. I don't often "call in" favors from my customers, but he insisted. If there can be a good part in all this, it is the fact that I personally know about half of the guys that work at Hughston Clinic, and they are all at the top of their game. I don't remember which doc I did work for first, but now I've got a majority of them in my client list. It's kind of nice to have them working for me when I needed it.

I'm currently hanging out at the house, unable to do much. Today was the first time I've used a day of sick leave since I started working for this company 6 years ago, so I don't feel to bad about that. That's what's happening here....sounds like fun, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vicodin makes me high for 15 minutes.  Then I get sleepy.  I shaved my legs for this?

I'd rather go on a motorcycle ride with your father.  Two aspirins and I'm good for a four-hour ride.

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better now. I do understand when the back goes!