Thursday, January 19, 2006

Christmas and Concerts.

One of my Christmas presents from Deb was tickets to the Alison Krauss concert...tonight was the night. It was a great show. I was kind of pissed at first because the way the set-list was made up the first hour was all brand new stuff. But in the long run, that made it better because once Jerry Douglas did his customary solo so the rest of the band could take a break, it was all the hits from then on. I was skeptical about how a basically acoustic band would sound in the Columbus Civic Center but it really sounded great. One great thing about this type of music is you don't have to worry about the riff-raff that shows up at most music concerts. I can just imagine how the crowd at the Disturbed concert next month will be the exact opposite. Anyway, with a stacked-deck band like Union Station to back her up, it would be hard to screw up I would think. It was a great show, and a great gift....Thanks Deb!

I've not been on much because I'm currently remodeling my old computer room. Since it was recently vacated, I figured I'd better strike while the iron was hot and get that room back to office duty. It has sort of turned into a major thing, but has also come out great. I'm not quite done, so no pictures yet. I've sort of used it as a test room as well because I've never really been into construction but luckily my right hand man is a cabinet maker on the side so I had on-call advice when needed, as well as a place to borrow tools.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's about time you showed up here!  When Cliff sits down to read journals, he always says, "Does Jim have anything?"  Finally I can tell him yes.  

Anonymous said...

Kevin will be SO jealous.  He loves her (so do I, but don't tell!)  Can't wait to see the office when you're done.  We'll be overhauling this house when we get our income tax back....I'm ready!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I stumble into your journal, and I am instantly jealous of you. Grrr. I just love Alison Krauss, she has such a unique voice. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it!

Amanda over at
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin