Wednesday, November 30, 2005

School...as I see it.....

As anyone in this house can tell you, I'm enjoying the machine shop. When I was taking welding, it was not often that I was home past 9pm. Now I don't darken the door until around 10:30 on school nights. I've already finished my class projects for this quarter, so now I'm working on some of my own, plus helping out the other guy in the class who is behind. I was told Monday that I've been inducted into the Tech. School Honor Society, which is cool, though I don't really know what it really does for me. Just something else to put on my "I love me" wall if anything.

I've been sparing my faithful readers from pictures that I know only my dad can appreciate, but I thought I'd post some here to show where I spend every Monday and Wednesday night.

Now for the dad stuff...what I was doing here was making the lower pin bushings for the quick hitch. Tractor Supply wants $22 a pair for the shouldered bushings,  and these didn't cost me anything but time. I didn't need the shoulder on them because they will be captured on either side. I also made a set for the tiller as I've been using a cheapo set of category 1 to 2 bushings slid inside a 2-3 bushing. For whatever reason, the bottom slots on the quick hitch are cat. 3 size, and the top link slot is cat. 2. I ran out of time tonight so I didn't get my top link bushing done, but I did use that big bandsaw to cut out my "lift ears" that will be going on the carriage. They did tell me I can come in with the day shift and work if I have time...they should never have told me that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You certainly ARE your daddy's boy.  He'd be eating those courses up, and acing the tests.