Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Photo lessons #873...take a test shot first.

Well, I got another lesson on taking photo's this morning. It was Lyndsays first honors day at school, and she was getting a perfect attendance award. As you can tell, I didn't get off one good shot. On auto, the flash wanted to go off, which mysteriously darkened the pictures. Without it, the "shutter" stayed open so long things got very blurry. So the lesson learned is, take some sample shots before the magic moment! I posted the pictures anyway, to appease grandma.

The other pictures are from Sunday's pool tear down and clean up. That was a much bigger job than setting the thing up I believe, but it is now clean, dry, and stored in the shed....waiting for next summer. I'm not sure why the dog pictures needed to be taken, but they are included as well...enjoy! LOL

Yesterday in school, I finally got to make some chips fly. I'm working on my first lathe project, and so far it is looking good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you hate when you take pictures and then they're no good?  With my new camera, I very seldom use the flash, even inside.  It seems to take better pictures without it.  The other day I had a closeup setting on and forgot it, then wondered why all my pictures were blurry.  I finally got it figured out.  I still have a lot to learn about this camera.

Anonymous said...

I am learning all the time about how to use my camera.

Anonymous said...

Comment from Cliff:  "Hey, what the hell is the grill doing off Jim's little tractor?"

Anonymous said...

Most pictures are saveable (is that a word <g>)... try taking them into your photoediting software and messing around. Dark pictures will usually lighten up... blurry pictures are more of a challenge... Hey, at least you GOT some pictures!