Thursday, October 13, 2005

Legal issues, bad kids, and things of that nature.

 

I'm not one to put a lot of what I consider "personal issues" in this journal. To make a long story short, for the past 8 months we've been dealing with some "kid issues" the likes of which I'd not wish on my worst enemy. Close friends and family know what I'm talking about, so I won't go in depth here for the masses. Suffice to say, it has not been pretty, and has affected normal day to day living around her in a bad way. I think both me and Deb just about got ulcers over it, and sometimes weren't the most graceful under pressure. I can't say that this episode has given me any more faith in our legal system.

As of today, at around 10:30, we are officially off the hook. In the matter of one weeks time, 8 months of heartache just disappeared from the records. We should have never been in this position in the first place, and believe me when I tell you that from this point on, Deb will not call a cop under any circumstances! I've only hired two lawyers in my life, one for a bankruptcy, and one for this mess. Both times I've been lucky enough to have one that actually worked for what I was paying him for. I can't bad mouth the lawyers in this at all actually. Between our great lawyer friends in Alabama (thanks Bill and Joy!) that probably kept Deb out of the nut house by explaining how the process works and what would probably happen, to our own lawyer who showed up early for court and went in the back to do the secret handshake, or whatever lawyers do to make things disappear, I can't bad mouth them in any way. We also had good judges in our progress through the court system, that could see through thinly veiled lies told be folks that are supposed to be working in the states interest. In the long run, it is cops, and DFACS employees that I'll never trust again. I won't go on a rant here over it, but I'll not piss on any of them if they catch fire. Somehow you expect these folks to at the very least be truthful in front of a judge, and to do the right thing.....I found out how bad a judgment call that could be.

It is over, and now things can get back to normal around here...well, as normal as things have everbeen I guess. There could still be a couple good Jerry Springer episodes written in the aftermath of this mess. But anyway, our records remain clean. Deb can get back to being her normal happy self. And me, well, I can get my ass to work to try to pay for this mess...........Have a nice day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot??????  I'm gonna have to call my dear brother.  

Anonymous said...

I don't know the issues but as soon as you said DFAC I cringed! They tried to take Brook away from me when I broke my back. A scant 3 weeks after I broke my back I had to stand up in court and prove that I would be okay. I do mean stand up. I had not stood up and walked a single step before that day. Those a**es were not going to take my baby. Sorry I am ranting.
I am glad that everything has worked out.

Anonymous said...

You two deserve an award for what you have been though.  Thanks for the compliment for sure..glad that we are on the "good" list :-)
I think that you guys handled it all much better than I would have!

Anonymous said...

All's well that ends well!