Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Me and the President.

Ok, I'm not going to even justify anything about political leanings or anything else concerning the above picture. Besides, I've got a picture of mom and dad with the same guy. But, I will say that it is rather odd to be working at President Carters house and have him there engaging in normal conversation with Raymond and I the entire time. I was a little freaked out actually, to the point that I had to google some things about how to address him before I headed that way. It was actually wasted time, because he is as down to earth as any other customer I meet daily....but I don't have to get a background check to get into most of my other customers homes....nor have I ever been followed by secret service into an attic before. The other guy in the picture is Raymond, my tech that lives down that way. He grew up in Plains, basically right across the street. The lady that runs the house is a family friend of his.

Anyway, two of my best friends in the world are democrats...dare I say even liber...lib...naw, I won't dare say it.

 

Oh, and I'm not going to justify that gut either....there is simply no exuse for that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He may be one of the worst presidents ever.  He may say and write the wrong things sometimes.  But he is REAL.  Probably one of only two really honest men to ever hold the office of president.  (The other is Harry Truman... shame they're both democrats.)  

Anonymous said...

You know...had President Carter had on a white shirt..this picture would have been truly RED, WHITE AND BLUE... and as a AMERICAN AS APPLE PIE! lol
Folks can say what they want to about his politics...but he is the only president that I know of that has taken up a hammer and helped to build homes for the poor since leaving office....matter of fact...he and his wife did.
Take care,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Wow, how cool for you!  I can picture that SS guy following you into the attic.  Was he wearing a suit?  LOL  Did he talk into his collar about things like, "Attic stairwell clear."?