Thursday, November 2, 2006

Roast Beef sandwiches, concerts, and still moving.

Well, the girls are at a concert tonight leaving me to my own devices for dinner. That happens very seldom around here, but I don't mind because there was leftover roast beef in the fridge. I'd rather have a roast beef sandwich that eat it with a regular meal.

I've finally got all the computer equipment in and running here at the new place. My desk will need some modifications because the new room is about 1 foot wider, but my right hand man Al already has a plan to fill in the gap created in the center.  I was able to install extra electical outlets before bringing everything over so that is nice to have in an office. The phone finally got turned on, and my fax line is working. I'm loving the speed of the cable modem over my old DSL. I will need to run my XM radio antenna to the south side of the house because I'm not getting good signal from the desk like I did in the old house. I've still not downloaded any picture but wonder if it's even worth while. After all, how exciting is pictures of our almost moved into house? I've still got to get all my "heavy equipment" moved up here this weekend, and really need to use the Walker mower here to clean up the leaves in the back yard. The big shed move has yet to happen, and I can't afford to pay the guy to move it anyway. It's fine where it is, but I'll be happy to have all my stuff handy here.

I've completed my surface grinding project at school, and will start heat treating on Monday. This is sort of a boring quarter, but still good stuff to know in the long run.

In other news, John Kerry is starting to be one of my favorite politicians....in an election month that looked pretty grim for the republicans, he is managing to turn things around for us with his stupid assed comments about how dumb soldiers are. Keep talking you friggin' idiot!

See ya'll later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back...I was beginning to wonder!

Anonymous said...

Don't skimp on the pictures. Mom and I both like to see them.

                                                 Dad

Anonymous said...

Bravo!...Bravo!  I see your Mom and Dad didn't raise any dummies!