Tuesday, May 2, 2006

317...repairs continued.

Well, I had a somewhat productive evening at school. I built up the worn shaft with 7018 welding rod and turned it back down to size, but I'm not happy with the results. I had to much slag inclusion in the weld and turning the shaft really made it show up. Tomorrow I'm going to turn it back down and use a bushing to take up the slack. I did get a bushing made to adapt a small hydraulic cylinder to the steering setup I'm building for this tractor. I put one picture of it on here, but I'll save most of that stuff for when I mock up the steering setup to make sure everything is going to work together. I don't get as many pictures taken at school because I'm usually watching the clock trying to finish before it's time to head home. Tonight I got most of the hydrostat put back together with new o-rings and seals, but I boogered one of the seals and had to stop. It doesn't really matter since I've got to have the shaft ready before I button the pump back up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cliff said, "He's taking the damn HYDROSTAT out and working on it; that boy's getting high-tech.!"

He says he's never seen the hubcaps on Deb's tractor before.