Monday, May 1, 2006

317...Phase 3...repair

Now I'm hitting the phase that will take a while...repair. Some of the things are just elbowgrease and time, others will cost some money.

This is one that was just elbowgrease and time. I showed in a previous entry where someone had blown a hole in the frame to access the oil drain. First I took a die grinder and angle grinder to clean up the hole. Then I seached the vast piles of junk to find some 1/4 steel to make a patch out of. I used an angle grinder to get the patch fitting pretty tight, then headed to Greg's to use the welder. There wasn't much happening out there so Duane hung out and supervised while I welded things up. While there I also welded on a bracket for the power steering valve that I'm retrofitting to the tractor, but I'll save those for another time. So far I've got quite a few things to repair/replace so I expect to have a long list of phase 3 posts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cliff says he'd take a sand-blaster to those grinding marks and smooth it out.  He's LOVING these entries, it's just like he's there with you.

Anonymous said...

Be sure and make many more entries like this one. Your Dad needs it.