Friday, April 28, 2006

317....sidebar.

I mentioned that I got a hitch and plow along with the 317. These two parts are worth about as much as the tractor was on Ebay, but I had plans for both of them.....

First I had to take the mower deck off the 140, then installed the hitch. I actually wanted to clean it up and paint it first, but couldn't wait to play with it, so we'll call this a trial run. The hitch went on without a hitch (LOL) so I had to put the plow on to see how that looked....which led to heading out back to see how it worked. Well, it didn't, but that's mainly because I had the plow set up all wrong. That part has since been fixed but now I'm fighting traction problems. I've got a set of wheel weights heading this way, and already have a set of the narrower rear rims for this tractor....now I've got to track down a set of Firestone 23° bar tires and I think I'll be in business. I'll be the only one plowing Georgia clay in the middle of summer, but what the hell.

No comments: