Saturday, December 2, 2006

The little tractor that can.

I started to name this entry "The little tractor that could" but I think "can" makes more sense. I worked the poor thing relentlessly all day, but as you can see the mission was accomplished. 

The day the shed was delivered (Wed.) we got quite a bit of rain and the back yard is still pretty moist which made things harder than they had to be. I didn't do the lawn any favors at all, but the shed is in it's new home. For most of the move I pulled the shed with a tow strap like I did it in Waverly Hall a could years ago. When things ground to a halt I decided to try pushing it by backing the forks into it, lifting, and shoving it around. This worked much better, but the poor tractor sure got a workout. I was the only one home today, so no action shots, but you get the idea. It was quite a challenge, and I'm sure glad it's done. Now I've got to get my power wired up and I'll be back in business. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dad is going to LOVE these pictures.  

Anonymous said...

Cliff says, "Thanks for the pictures; it looks like you had a fun day."

Anonymous said...

Wow, that had to be pretty tough, but glad you got it done.  If you'd had some of our ice (which you scoffed at!) it would've slid right into place with no problem!